9 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 4:25 AM by kbak

PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**

sa99

I'm new to creating a layout.  I am trying to forward my schematic to PCB but I'm getting an error.

The Process Indicator is all checked out.  There are no errors in the PCB.ERR file.

The errors are in the ascii.err report.

Can't find part Type item

*Part name not found

*Bad *CONNECTION* ascii data format, nets must contain more than one pin. Signal GND

ATTRIBUTE VALUES

Error:   Component J1 not found

Warning: deleting signal GND

**INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**

These errors are repeated for all components and signals.

The PADS Status shows:

Reading file -- ...
      Converter\Boost.asc
      -- version 2007.*
      **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
      ASCII import/export report file saved -- C:\PADS
      Projects\ascii.err

I checked my schematic.  All components attributes look good.  The schematic netlist came with no  errors.  What should I look at?

• 1. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
          kbak

Hi

It seems that PADS Layout cannot find the parttype for J1 that you are using in the schematic.

It may not exist in the libraries for PADS Layout. Maybe the part does not exist in the libraries available for the computer?

A missing part in layout can easily lead to '...nets must contain more than one pin...' error message.

regards

Klaus

• 2. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
            sa99

This error is not only for J1 but all my components, including the standard SMT 0805 packages.  Example:

Can't find part Type item < C0805C101J5GACTU >

C8 C0805C101J5GACTU@0805

I just verified my library in the Library Manager and I can see the common decals and parts.

• 3. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
              kbak

That's weird - unless PADS Logic and PADS Layout do NOT have access to the exact same libraries.

If the schematic contains parttypes that do not exist in the libraries in PADS Layout - then such errors will occur.

regards

Klaus

• 4. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                sa99

Hello,

How do I verify if PADS Logic and Layout have the same library access? I haven't used layout VX yet so I did not make any changes to it.

Also, I have 9.3.1, VX.0 and VX.1 installed on my pc.  2007 was installed but removed a couple of years ago.  However, I am using VX.1 for both schematic and layout.  Could there be an issue with having multiple versions on the same pc?

• 5. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                  kbak

Hi

The easiest way to align PADS libraries.

1) Open the PADS Logic ( I guess this has the correct ilbraries assigned).

2) Select File > Library

3) Click on 'Manage Lib. List...'

4) Enable 'Synchronize with PADs Layout' checkbox at the bottom left.

5) Click 'OK'

6) Open the PADS Layout.

7) Select File > Library.

8) Click on 'Manage Lib. List...'

10) The library list should now be the same as for PADS Logic.

BTW. Make sure it is the same version of PADs Logic and Layout you are opening.

Hope this helps

regards Klaus

• 6. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                    sa99

Hello,

I had to open Logic in demo mode.  But I was able to check off "Synchronize with PADs Layout" and view the library.  I verified the libraries are the same.  I am still getting this error.  I used the same VX1 version.  Anything else I can check?  Thanks for your help.

• 7. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                      kbak

Have the schematic been designed on a different computer or by using a different version of PADS Logic on this computer? Maybe with access to other libraries?

Regards Klaus

Sent from my Windows Phone

• 8. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                        sa99

The schematic was drawn in the same PADS version and the same pc.  The schematic symbols are in the project's local library.  The .pt9 library files are in the same directory under MentorGraphics\PADSVX.1.1\SDD_HOME\Libraries

The PADS files that is installed in my pc are: PADSVX.1.1_ESDM and PADSLogicVX.1.1_ESDM from Mentor's site.

• 9. Re: PADS VX.1.1 Error **INPUT WARNINGS FOUND**
                          kbak

Hi

What happens if you run the 'Update from library' function in PADS Logic?

1) Open 'Tools > Update from Library'.

2) Select 'Generate comparison report'.

3) Setup the 'Update from Library' dialog as shown in the attached picture.

4) Do you get lots of "Not in library' - 'COMPARE ERROR' messages in the 'UpdateFromLibrary_Logic_report.txt' ?Update_from_library.png

regards

Klaus