4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 10:32 AM by andrew_audova

Can't launch EZWAVE tool

khaoula

Hello,

I set the AMS version “ams_2010_2d” on the config file, I can then launch the ELDO simulator but when I want to open EZwave tool I have the following errors:

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /vols/software/mentor/eldo/ams_2010_2d/JRE/v1.4.2_10/aol/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Can anyone help please? Is it related with the 32 or 64 bits version?

If this version is 32bits, where can I download the 64bits to be able to launch Ezwave?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Kind regards,

Khaoula IDRISSI

• 1. Re: Can't launch EZWAVE tool
          andrew_audova

Hi Khaoula,

There is a 64-bit version of AMS 2010.2d available on SupportNet (download link), however, you might run into similar problems with the installation program and the licensing sub-system, as they were likely 32-bit back in 2010. The simplest solution might be to install the 32-bit libraries if you can (the 'yum install' command depends on your Linux distribution and version).

If you do decide to try 64-bit, and you run into similar errors at the beginning of the installation, you can download a 64-bit version of the Mentor Install Program (MIP) on SupportNet (download link).

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2. Re: Can't launch EZWAVE tool
            khaoula

Thank you Andrew for your response.

If I understand well the MIP license shouldn't  be included on the config for ams version in linux? SO I must install it on linux?

Actually, It seems also that TechNote MG248185 talk about the same error, they said that I need to have the libXP.so.6. For RHEL 5.0 installed.

We have checked and both 32bit and 64bit libXp libraries are already installed:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 38792 Dec  4  2009 /usr/lib64/libXp.so.6.2.0 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 30760 Dec  4  2009 /usr/lib/libXp.so.6.2.0

We are RHEL6.5 (Santiago) with the following rpms installed:

libXp-1.0.0-15.1.el6.x86_64 : X.Org X11 libXp runtime library

Repo        : installed

libXp-1.0.0-15.1.el6.i686 : X.Org X11 libXp runtime library

Repo        : installed

Could you advice please? I haven't a large experience on CAD and license install...

Thank you

Khaoula

• 3. Re: Can't launch EZWAVE tool
              khaoula

It's OK Andrew now, I tried a recent version of ams and it resolves the problem

Thank you

• 4. Re: Can't launch EZWAVE tool
                andrew_audova

Glad to hear that a newer version of AMS resolved the problem