4 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2016 9:20 PM by sajivnglnice

SYMBOL has FROZEN INTERFACE

sajivnglnice

Hi all,

I attempted to edit an already available symbol in the library. While adding pins it shows the error like " the symbol has frozen interface".

How can i resolve this problem. I am using 7.9.4 version.

Regards,

Sajiv

• 1. Re: SYMBOL has FROZEN INTERFACE
          robert_davies

The Frozen Interface is usually set on block symbols in the design (composites) to prevent accidental update to the interface. These appear as local symbols in the DxDatabook - CL View - Symbols section. You unfreeze them by selecting an instance in the schematic and using the context menu on the right mouse button. Make sure you select the right instance when doing this if you have more than one instance of the same block in your design.

If they really are in the library then respond to this thread indicating how they got in there.

• 2. Re: SYMBOL has FROZEN INTERFACE
            sajivnglnice

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the error in the symbol editor only.

I tried to edit one symbol by using symbol editor. I can't select the add pins button(because button disabled). But i can move pins and edit the available pins. If i add one more pin by using copy and paste means i got "the symbol has frozen interface".

I don't know how to unfreeze the symbol and edit....

Regards,

Sajiv.

• 3. Re: SYMBOL has FROZEN INTERFACE
              robert_davies

In the case of library parts this message is being shown because the symbol is already mapped to a part and so you cannot add or delete pins. In order to do so you need to use the Modify Cell and Symbol Pins command from the Tools menu in Library Manager/xDM Library Tools.

• 4. Re: SYMBOL has FROZEN INTERFACE
                sajivnglnice

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much.

Now i got it.... Frozen interface means a symbol mapped to a part already. So we can't edit the symbol.

If we want to edit the symbol make the copy of this one and edit.

Regards,

Sajiv.