2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 1:39 AM by gw@byk

Automation in dxdesigner

gw@byk

Hi evryone,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to trigger a script when closing a project - or the dxdesigner application. For Expedition I found "app.ProjectClosed" or "app.Shutdown" (looking for xDX - Project Close / Closing Event ). Within the "Documentation in InfoHub" I found "dxdesignerautomationoverview.pdf" but as far as I can see there is a "Shutdown" event but no "ProjectClosed" event.

What I want to do is the following: whenever the project is closed (nevermind wheter caused due to changing the project or closing the application), I want RefDes to be assigned, the schematic to be exported to a pdf and the partlist to be updated.

I'm very much obliged for any help,

kind regards,

Georg

• 1. Re: Automation in dxdesigner
          matthias.cosaert

Hello,

you can use the BeforeProjectChanged() event, unlike the name suggest it also triggers when closing a project.

It does not trigger when closing Dxdesigner so for for that you also need to use the shutdown() event.

Example in vbscript:

Scripting.AddTypeLibrary("ViewDraw.Application")

Dim VdApp : Set VdApp = Application

Call Scripting.AttachEvents(VdApp, "VdApp")
          Scripting.DontExit = True

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
          Sub VdApp_Shutdown()
          if Len(vdapp.GetProjectData().GetProjectPath) <> 0 then 'also triggers on opening a design
            msgbox "Shutdown" & vbnewline & "Active Design:" & vdapp.GetProjectData().GetProjectPath & "(" & vdapp.GetActiveDesign() & ")"
          end if
          End sub

Sub VdApp_BeforeProjectChanged()
          if Len(vdapp.GetProjectData().GetProjectPath) <> 0 then 'also triggers on opening a design
            msgbox "Before project is closed" & vbnewline & "Active Design:" & vdapp.GetProjectData().GetProjectPath & "(" & vdapp.GetActiveDesign() & ")"
          end if
          End sub

• 2. Re: Automation in dxdesigner
            gw@byk

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply. I just tried your suggestion, works fine!

Kind Regards,

Georg