2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 5:07 AM by MaBUa

VX1.2_User_defined_layers in Library Manager

MaBUa

Hello all,

can somebody help me with one issue in Library Manager?

I defined a user layer in Library Manager (Setup\Setup Parameters\General\Layers) and I expect I'll see this new layer in a new design layout (integrated flow)  but I can't see it in a Display control in ExpeditionPCB.

Why?

It doesn't work in this way?

Many thanks

Martin

• 1. Re: VX1.2_User_defined_layers in Library Manager
          MaBUa

... is the only way to see a user defined layer in Display control to ADD a user defined layer to Layout Template??

Then I wouldn't know why to define in Library Manager-Setup-Setup parameters-General-Layers.

Thanks

Martin

• 2. Re: VX1.2_User_defined_layers in Library Manager
            MaBUa

Folks,

what was my goal:

- I draw a schematic and to some components I add manually a value (Neosazovat) of property NOTE.

- In layout I need to generate an assembly diagram with this property value to aproppirate componets

(I defined:

1) a Property Name"NOTE" in Property definition editor in Library Manager

2) a layer NOTE_property in Library Manager (Setup\Setup Parameters\General\Layers)

3) a property text on layer NOTE_property and Property Name "NOTE" in Cell editor to appropriate cell and position

)

When I was in layout I expected I see a layer NOTE_property in Display control - I didn't see.

To see my value property Neosazovat on the placed cell I had to do this:

ECO\Replace Cell\Reset an appropriate cell

After this I can see the layer NOTE_property in Display control on tab FAB insection User Draft Layer

I would expect it will be displayed automatically.

Hope it helps to somebody

Martin

p.s now I'd like to add automatically a property text to all cell in my library... e.g. by Advanced Library Editor... I haven't find out the way to do it....