9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 12:59 PM by djefferson

Decal editor can't remove padstack layers

djefferson

Hi,

I have just loaded Pads layout VX1.2.

New enhancements to the padstack editor using Setup > padstacks works OK.

When selecting a padstack and right click padstack I can't delete any added layers.

Why do we now have two different ways to modify padstacks?

Why is the original padstack properties now broken?

• 1. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
          v.placier@wanadoo.fr

Hello Djefferson,

I'just tired to reproduce the changes you discribe with  differents maners,with and without editing in library,editing only in the PCB using

Select /component/Properties/Padstack or using Setup/Padstack....

In many way we can change the stackup (add/delete Layers) of a part in the job without need to edit in librairies.

I'do not have encountered the problem you discribe.

Coul'd you explain further ?

Best regards.

Vincent.

• 2. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
            djefferson

Hi,

I open decal editor with an existing decal.

I select one of the padstacks and right > click and choose padstacks.

On the right side where the layers are press add.

Add a new layer, say Paste graphics top.

Now try the delete key to remove the added layer.

The only way for me to remove the new layer is to use the Setup > padstack properties window.

• 3. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
              v.placier@wanadoo.fr

Hello Djefferson,

I'm sorry,I'have tried all combinations to modify padstack of some existing or news components,within Decal Editor with all possibles variations,within PCB with all possibles variations (as I'know)

In all cases..that works fine...grrrrrrr.....

I'm not able to localise where come from your problem.

May be if you use general padstack editor from the main menu rather than right on a pads and clic/properties/padstack it could work fine.

Sometime,in standard librairie,we can find some PASTE-PAD defined as copper drawing added on component's pad rather than a real PASTE PAD defined on corresponding layer,and then you can't delete it by using padstack editor cause it doesn't appears in it.

This case often appears to defining separated aera of copper (for paste films)on thermals tab for powers devices.

Good luke !

Vincent.

• 4. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                djefferson

OK, good to know that you can use the decal editor right > click padstack pop-up to remove pad layers.

Thanks for the effort you went to trying to help me out.

• 5. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                  v.placier@wanadoo.fr

I'am thinking that you seam to use a particular methode to edit in padstack editor because,on my concerne,I do not use at all "right>click mouse button" to edit anything,but rather I open the main/sub padstack menus and select directely the layer I want to add/delete,

The add/delete button is always active (except for top,bottom and inner for sure)

I would like to ask you to describe précisely your methodologie to edit padsstack (if you wish)

and I will enjoy to make working my minds!

Vincent.

• 6. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                    djefferson

Vincent,

The snap shot below shows decal editor with a terminal selected. Click the right mouse button and select padstacks.

As you can see the older padstack properties window comes up, not the new padstack window.

This is the window I can not remove an added layer from. Add a new layer and see if you can remove it using this window.

• 7. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                      v.placier@wanadoo.fr

Djefferson,

I'think your probleme occurs because the setup/layer definition/association may be not well defined.

Be sure to associate with TOP LAYER the corresponding layer for SILKSCREEN,PASTE MASK and SOLDER MASK ans ASSEMBLY in the associate menu.

I' have notice that the add/delete layer in padstack editor do not works (sometimes) if layer definition/associated layers is not well defined.

Sometime you will have to save,exit and reload PCB to see the difference.

I'have tested different configuration,when the layer definition is OK all option to achieve changes in padstack editor  works fine.

Vincent.

• 8. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                        MENTOR_BillT

The inability to delete an added layer using the right mouse click > Pad Stacks in the decal editor is a defect. The issue is scheduled to be fixed in the PADS VX.2 release, coming out this summer. In the meantime, the Setup > Pad Stacks dialog can be used to remove the added layer.

• 9. Re: Decal editor can't remove padstack layers
                          djefferson

Is there a list where I could review open defects?