2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2016 12:21 PM by greg.bergman

PADS 9.5 re-install

greg.bergman

My PADS 9.5 quit working and the files were deleted.  I'm trying to reinstall 9.5.

When it gets to the part where the MGC SDD Configurator is "Registering wg files..." i get the message box"C:\MentorGraphics\win32\sdd_register.exe" that says: "Cant Find C:\MentorGraphics\9.5PADS\SDD_HOME\common\win32\lib\CommandBarSvr75.dll"  But that file exists in that directory. If I click ok it says it can't find another file, etc...

I am running Win 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

Any suggestions?

My IT dept wants to wipe my hard drive.  I've told them no way, there are way to many programs I would need to reinstall / configure.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

• 1. Re: PADS 9.5 re-install
          david_leslie

Hello,

General suggestions when you get this type of error are:

1) You might need to re-install the Microsoft libraries manually.  In the ...\9.5PADS\win32 folder, try installing any vcr... executables.

2) Run the configurator with the -clean switch, then check if you still have any SDD_HOME / MGC_HOME variables set.  If so remove them before running the configurator again.

3) If you have the SDD_USELOCAL_ENV variable set, unset it, and re-run the configurator.

4) Uninstall PADS completely and re-install after a reboot.

If none of these work, you will need to raise a service request via Supportnet.

Regards,

David

• 2. Re: PADS 9.5 re-install
            greg.bergman

David,

Thank you for the response.

A couple of stupid questions:

1)How do I run the configurator with the -clean switch?

a)Just "configurator.exe - clean"?

2)How do I check if I have any SDD_HOME / MGC_HOME or the SDD_USELOCAL_ENV variables set?

a)Just through the advance system settings environment variables and delete anything SDD correct?

I have been uninstalling PADS completely but not after a reboot.  I will try this.

Thanks,

Greg