3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2009 9:06 AM by Joel_Pointon

Circuit Data Export in VeSys Design

Michael

Hello All,

I would like to know more about the Circuit Data Export Function in VeSys Design. I would like to use this function to pull a BOM from a schematic.

There are two issues I have found with this so far.

- The connector terminals do not get auto-loaded in with the correct part numbers as referenced for a certain wire size in the component library. There is a place holder for the terminal, but it will not list the part number.

- Both the male and female part numbers show up for the connector housing even when I select Male or Female only when inputting a connector into the schematic.

Could someone help me solve these issues, or let me know if there is another way to pull a BOM from a schematic. I understand my wire lengths will not be accurate until I input the lengths, or import them from a harness dwg, but I am mostly concerned with capturing all physical components such as switches, lamps, connectors, terminals, etc.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: Circuit Data Export in VeSys Design
          Nuri

Hi,

Item 1 - Connector terminals are only auto-loaded in VeSys Harness, so creating a Circuit Data Export from VeSys Design would not include the information that you require.
          Item 2 - This sounds like a defect, have you sent the data to SupportNet ?

Thanks,
          Nuri

• 2. Re: Circuit Data Export in VeSys Design
            Joel_Pointon

Hi Mike,

The schematic in VeSys Design is just that a schematic and so it doesn't have much reporting in the way of detailed information such as Terminals, it also will not report wire seals, cavity plugs, tubes, tape coverings, clips or grommets because this level of information would be very hard to capture from a schematic drawing.  It would be possible to write a macro to do terminal selection but it really depends on why you want the software to do this as the BOM will definately be short of a lot of components required for harness Manufacture.

Your second problem of having VeSys report both halves of a connector, I suspect this is related to an inline connector?  If you are using a component connector then VeSys shouldn't auto-populate the opposing connector, the option you are picking to select 'show male' or 'show female' is only the graphical representation of an inline connector.

Regards

Joel

• 3. Re: Circuit Data Export in VeSys Design
              Joel_Pointon

Further to my previous post you could always use a custom component as this doesn't auto-populate both halves of the connector and doesn't report on them.

Regards

Joel