1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 9:02 AM by guy_wettstein

The hardware key number in your license file does not match the number of the key attached to the computer

bwoodward@bascomturner.com

I am trying to install PADS2005 spac1 on a Win7 64-bit computer.  I get the following error when trying to install the license file "The hardware key number in your license file does not match the number of the key attached to the computer."  Using lmutil hostid -flexid, I get the correct 9- number associated with my hardware key, so I think I have the correct drivers for the hardware key installed.  I verified the license.txt file matches the same 9- number.  Using lmtools 8.2a, the FLEXID under System settings is blank.  I downloaded the Mentor License Utility 3.0.1 and using the Tools -> Get HostIDs shows the 9- number of the hardware key.  Using the Tools-> Run lmtools, which runs lmtools 11.11.1.1, the FLEXID under system settings is the correct 9- number. 

Does anyone have any ideas to get the license working?  It seems like the Install License tool is unable to communicate with the hardware key.