1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 10:19 AM by vkhurana

DxDesigner - how to have a script run when a project is opened

beltz

I learned the following workaround from Nadia related to my SR 2901683625 based on TechNote MG593942 (which hasn't been published yet).

The DxDesigner automation documentation, talks about how to use Setup>Settings>Run on Startup to specify a form or script to run when a project is opened in DxDesigner.  This doesn't work, because it creates a scripts.ini and puts it in the user's $WDIR directory, so the script is run when DxDesigner is started and not when  the project is opened in DxDesigner.  One workaround is to copy/move this scripts.ini underneath the design directory (project file path).  Then the script is run when the project is opened.  But I wanted a way to specify this via a system $WDIR location so it would apply to all projects.

I already have a script LXKMenuDxD.vbs in my system scripts.ini location which sets up a local menu in DxDesigner (when a project is opened) to run local scripts.

I added the following which detects when a project is opened and runs the included script.

Scripting.DontExit = True

'MsgBox "Running LXKMenuDxD.vbs"

'Example code is from email from Nadia on my SR 2901683625, from a preliminary version of TechNote MG593942

' Have the startup script call a sub routine upon a Project change event.

'Scripting.DontExit=True

Sub Application_ProjectChanged(projectData)

SetCentralLibrary()

end sub

Sub Application_BeforeProjectChanged()

Scripting.Globals("SETUPPKG")=False

end sub

Sub SetCentralLibrary()

if Not Scripting.Globals("SETUPPKG") then

' this is the code that will run when a project is opened in DxDesigner

' put the code from SetCentralLibrary.vbs here

' instead of having it in a scripts.ini file to run when a project is opened

'MsgBox "SetCentralLibrary invoked due to project change"

' Run on an open document.

Dim vdapp

Set vdapp = GetObject (,"ViewDraw.Application")

' Get top level design name

Dim ProjectData, DesignName

Set ProjectData = vdapp.GetProjectData()

Dim projfilepath

projfilepath = vdapp.GetProjectData.getProjectFilePath()

If Not (ProjectData.CentralLibraryPath = "/home/dms_lib/dms_lib.lmc") Then

ProjectData.CentralLibraryPath = "/home/dms_lib/dms_lib.lmc"

AppendOutput "xDX Databook", "FIXED **** Setting Central Library path to /home/dms_lib/dms_lib.lmc"

vdapp.CloseProject

vdapp.OpenProject(projfilepath)

End If

Scripting.Globals("SETUPPKG")=True

end if

end sub

Then after this I have my normal script code when sets up the local menu in DxDesigner.

Walt