11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 8:45 AM by wolferm

Resistors showing or not showing tolerance using xDxDatabook

wolferm

First I know this could probably be done by creating separate partitions in Central Lib for 1% vs 5% resistors.

Thereby being able to control visibility of each separately.

However I really do not want to make separate partitions for this purpose.

Does anybody know if it is possible to set it up so that in the same partition a 5% resistor would have Tolerance invisible

and a 1% resistor would have the tolerance visible.

I suppose one could use different field names too but that would negate the idea of having just the one field for a tolerance.

I do have separate symbols for a resistor that we want tol visible vs not, however if there is an entry in the tolerance field in the database

no matter if that symbol has it set to not shown or not it shows up because the config file for database needs to be set to visible for any tolerenace

to be visible.

I really want to keep it so all part data comes from the database, however in dxdatabook set up if "use symbol data from central library"

is checked does that solve this problem? I have not been able to find out exactly what the full implications of this function are. In othere words

if checked would all the data still come from database just that the symbol would control what property is visible and what is not??

In other words if a symbol has the value property placed, but then unchecks it's visibility in the symbol even though the database has an entry for value in it

when part is placed in schematic no value will show up?