2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 3:57 AM by vasanthitcs

How to find the non common properties through automation ?

vasanthitcs

Hello All,

How to identify the non common properties through automation ? Is it possible.

If possible how can it be achieved, please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Vasanthi

• 1. Re: How to find the non common properties through automation ?
          Patrick.Cashman

Search for non-common properties

I have a utility which will delete any properties not included in the dxdatabook database for each part in the design.  This is not a "Delete Non-Common Properites" function, and there is no such function I know of in DxDesigner, but the result is the same. The utility will also add missing properties or merge existing and database properties with preference for either. 

You can download the project here.  Take note: the project is made to work with a MS Access database.  If you don't use Access as your database, you will need to update connection strings in the code. Also you have to set the path to your database, which you can do by editing the setup file under the \bin\Debug\setup_files folder in the project. Set working_db_path and master_db_path to the location of your database.

If you do not know vb.net, I may be able to help you with a customized script specific for your environment.  Contact me at patcashman@gmail.com.

• 2. Re: How to find the non common properties through automation ?
            vasanthitcs

Hello Patrick,

I want to invoke menus though automation is it possible.Actually my requirement is mentioned below:

Open DxDesigner  -->Edit (Menu) -->Find and Replace Text               below is the image attached these are the changes to be done through automation.

Please help in achieving the above procedure.

Thanks & Regards,

Vasanthi

NonCommonProperties.jpg