3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 3:24 AM by robert_davies

Move or edit Reference Designator in Xpedition

expertengr

How to move or edit Reference Designator in Xpedition ? I have moved the location of Reference Designator in Cell Editor. Latter I update the library in xDX Designer and forward annotate to Xpedition using the option delete local library and rebuild local data but I do not see any change in location of Reference Designator. Any idea how to do t ? 

Untitled.png

• 1. Re: Move or edit Reference Designator in Xpedition
          expertengr

Just to know what exactly means to delete local library and rebuild local data I add a new component (the same component already exits in Xpedition before editing in Cell Editor) in the xDX Designer after I finish editing in Cell Editor. I add the new component in PCB Xpedition. The component which I added after Cell Editor has new location of Reference Designator but how to change the location of the Reference Designator for the components which are already included in PCB Xpedition ? delete local library and rebuild local data does not work in this case or this is a bug in tool ?

• 2. Re: Move or edit Reference Designator in Xpedition
            bbpcbdesign

Hello Bilal,

open the Editor Control dialog box and in Place tab, expand the General Options section and check "Allow Cell Text Edits".

Regards,

Bortolo

• 3. Re: Move or edit Reference Designator in Xpedition
              robert_davies

A couple of things to point out here. You do not edit cells in xDX Designer - you can only edit local symbols from here, all other edits are carried out via the library tools - cell editor is an Xpedition PCB editor. Secondly delete local data and rebuild refers to edits carried out in the PCB database rather than the library, you may want to change a cell just in this design and so use cell editor in the context of the design. This is 'local' data, anything else comes from the library.