You should raise this with your customer support organization. I cannot reproduce this in VX.2.1 Update 4 but on the 32-bit installation.
I updated to VX2.1 update 4. The problem still remains.
I already wrote to the customer support.... waiting
Same problem also for me. I use PADS Vx.2.1
I have the same problem since we have migrated to xDx Designer Vx2.1 Update 7 (No problems with xDx Design Vx 1.2)
If i go to Tools > Update Symbols, everything is up to date. Then I go to Tools > Update Other Objects and the power supplies symbols have a violet box. So I go again in Tools > Update and what I can see is all my power symbols need to be updated...
The problem appears each time I make an Update Other Objects
We have the same problem at our site after updating to VX 2.1. In our experience "Update Other Objects" will invalidate one of our re-use blocks. Updating this (with "Update Managed Block") will invalidate all the updates to reference designators, schematic headers (such as page numbers etc.) and on, mandating a renewed "Update Other Objects", and so it goes on...
Our design uses a double hierarchy with two instances of a local design that contains the re-use block, maybe that is what causes the problem? It is the bottom level that is the re-use block that is affected.
I'm just a user at this site, our tool responsible is sure to be on to support about this since we are currently at a stand-still. I will update with the results once we get them.
Did you get an answer to this issue?
Any solution to your problem? I've been unable to reproduce it.
I finally got to test xDX Designer VX.2.2 and there the problem was fixed! Whether it was a bug that was fixed in the new release or if it was caused by some setting that was treated differently I do not know. All I did was to make a copy of the original database (using Job MGMT Wizard VX.2.1), open the design in VX.2.2 (where it got updated to the new version of the tool), and make "Update Other Objects". This time the managed block didn't get outdated and I was able to forward annotate to layout without any problems.
Back again to update the design, now in VX.2.2, Exact Access Date: 2017/05/01, SDD Platform: win32, AHP Platform: win32.
The beast is back as you may put it. At least partially. Most of our borders will update just fine and none of the Managed Blocks will be invalidated, but the page number still are wacky, but only in the second level. Funny enough the total number of pages is displayed correctly on all pages. The design is as follows:
Top level (All pages displaying correctly)
\- Instance 1 of Custom Block local to the design (All pages displaying correctly, but font is wrong on page numbers)
| \- Instance of Managed block (Page numbers stuck at local number)
\- Instance 2 of Custom Block local to the design (All pages displaying correctly, but font is wrong on page numbers)
\- Instance of Managed block (Page numbers stuck at local number)
Still no clues?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is probably functioning correctly for the Managed Block page numbers as it is a frozen object and so all of the page information is locked.There again it may just be a bug or oversight if as you say total page count is correct on all sheets. If one property is updating in the managed block whilst another is not then please log it with customer support.
We don't yet have the ideal solution for all use cases, some user's want nothing to change in the Managed Block, sheet name, sheet number etc. Other's want everything to follow the host design and others want something in-between, some data to change, sheet numbering for instance but nothing else.
There is an idea related to this:
That was quick!
I agree it is difficult to please all, but since the total number of pages and all other objects in the border got updated, I see no reason for the page number to be stuck. And the font (and placement) is altered, so I would write it down as a bug. I will get in touch with the tool responsible at the site and ask if they can file a bug report.