1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 6:43 PM by rocky&bulwinkle

Rookie User - Library question

rocky&bulwinkle

I am making minor modifications to an existing design.  Our work environment uses PADS VX.0 with netlist flow. 

I have copied the schematic and layout files but when doing an ECO compare to implement my minor changes I get a Netlist Errors Report that states the Part Types are not found in the Library for a large portion of the design.

1.  Is there a library from the original design work that did not get copied over?

2. Are all of the PADS Library Structure present - Part Type, CAE Decals, PCB Decals; but just need to be re associated?

3. I can probably find most of these parts in the Ultra Librarian, but then I will need to figure out how to associate the current schematic CAE decals and footprints PCB decals to the parts downloaded so that I don't have to reconnect the schematics and make adjustments to the layout.

• 1. Re: Rookie User - Library question
          rocky&bulwinkle

from tech note app in mentor

IN PADS Layout

Solution

1. Without anything selected, right mouse click and choose Select Components.
          2. Right mouse click again, choose Select All.
          3. Right mouse click once again and choose Save to Library.
          4. Click the Select All buttons below the Part Types and Decals so that all items are highlighted.
          5. Select the library you wish to save the Part Types and Decals to, click OK.

Solution

1. Load the design file into PADS Logic
          2. With nothing selected, right mouse click and and set the Filter to 'Select Parts'.
          3. Right mouse click again and choose 'Select All on Schematic'.
          4. Right mouse click again and choose 'Save to Library'.
          5. Select the you want to save these items to in the Library drop down list and then save.