That is not a common problem, so the first step is to run the configurator twice - once with the -clean switch to clear the registry, and then a second time to configure for PADS.
Steps for running the configurator
- Click the Windows Start button > Run. Type cmd, and then click OK to open a DOS window.
- In the steps that follow, you will be typing commands in the DOS window. After typing each command press the enter key.
- In the DOS window, to ensure that the current working directory is on the the correct drive type
- In the DOS window save your environment variable settings by typing
This will write a list of your environment variables into the file C:\env.txt.
- Still in the DOS window, navigate to the win32 directory in the root of your Mentor Graphics installation. For example:
- Then type configurator -clean
This will remove the registry settings, environment variable settings, and desktop icons for your Mentor Graphics installation.
- Then, in a new DOS window, type
This will restore your settings for the installation. If you need to re-enter your license and/or WDIR environment variable settings in the process, you can refer to the file C:\env.txt saved in step 4.
If that does not get you working, I suggest you raise a service request for further help.
Finally, I re-instal win7 then reinstal pads, now it works well.