3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 2:29 AM by robert_davies

Bus contents, check status of used buses

fireraizor

When you modify the buscontents file, it is necessary to update the buses used in the design.

Is there a way to find out, which buses are not up to date?

• 1. Re: Bus contents, check status of used buses
          robert_davies

Markus,

You cannot find out which bus is out of date but at least with VX.2 the new Project Integration dialog does tell you that buses are out of date rather than you having to remember.

See attached:

• 2. Re: Bus contents, check status of used buses
            ralf

Hello Robert,

acutal I'm looking for the same functionality.

I would like to clean up the bus Contents of your design because its seems there are some buses listed in the bus content but not used.

The answers I got from the help desk are not satisfying because there are manually and buggy.

For me it would be very helpful if there is a posibility to get the used buses somehow "exported" out of the design in a seperate file and not in the output window for manual comparison.

In best case I would like to have a comparison window displaying on one side the buses listed in the bus content on the other side the used buses and a posibility to select each not used buses and delete them step by step. To prevent to delete a used bus.

Regards,

Ralf

• 3. Re: Bus contents, check status of used buses
              robert_davies

Then you need to post an enhancement request on Ideas Mentor Ideas for xDX Designer

Post the problem you are trying to solve, not a solution to the problem.

As a current workaround use 'Search' (Ctrl+F) and look in the Design Nets tab, set object type to bus and compare with the bus contents file:

CompareConts.PNG