4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 7:49 AM by Glennr

Full-Scale Prints

shamblesjohn

Hello all,

My question is in regards to creating full-scale harness prints.

Is there a way to easily create a full-scale print in Harness XC, without Form Board?

How do you ensure that you maintain the 1:1 scale as the print is revised?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Full-Scale Prints
          Eric.Archambeault

Hi John,

It will be really difficult to maintain the 1:1 scale without using FormboardXC.  HarnessXC didn't have enough constrain to avoid an erroneous move/manipulation. 

The best way to keep it possible will be to place the bundle as per a 3D bridge out harness (From and ecad like Catia, NX or ProE), but the aspect ratio will not be guaranteed, or, you may create an Harness from a Full-Scale Topology (Topology build with the same 3D bridge technique). 

Also, I know it is available in FormboardXC, but I never test on an HarnessXC, but you have a DRC that will check if the visual Length meet the real length.

For the bundle size, you can create a plugin (API custom action) that will assign the graphical bundle line size with the same size than the bundle width.

finally, I don't know basic tool in harnessxc that will check if your bundle bend radius is respected when you add an arc (important to respect bend radius on a formboard in order to didn't create bundle bird cage, or overform a curve, but you will not have this issue if all your bundle are straight or only have very light curve)

Regards,

• 2. Re: Full-Scale Prints
            Glennr

John, can you expand on why you are trying to create a 1:1 diagram?  Capital Formboard is the product that manages full-scale diagrams as well as providing functionality around Formboard specific tasks (e.g. fixture placement).

• 3. Re: Full-Scale Prints
              shamblesjohn

1:1 diagrams are required by our prototype harness supplier.

• 4. Re: Full-Scale Prints
                Glennr

In that case you should be using Capital FormboardXC as it is explicitly developed for this purpose.