2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 2:49 AM by graeme.francis@cirrus.com

TestKompress coverage histogram

graeme.francis@cirrus.com

Hi,

I am trying to find if it is possible to create a coverage histogram for a set of test patterns? Preferably something with coverage on the y-axis and pattern number on the x-axis. I have seen these plots before, just not sure it was with Mentor/Tessent....

Thanks,

Graeme

• 1. Re: TestKompress coverage histogram
          troy_cox

Hello Graeme,

The Tessent tools do not do this automatically for you, however you can use a simple single line sed command that could be used to collect the coverage and pattern count data from any existing Tessent TestKompress logfile and put it in the file of the users choosing.  Then the only thing needed would be to open in Excel and make whatever plots that are needed. 

Example sed script to extract the data from a logfile.   The command would be sed.scr <input tessent logfile> <output file>

#!/bin/csh -f

sed -n 's/\/\/\s*[0-9]*\s*\([0-9]*\.[0-9]*\)\%\s*[0-9]*\s*[0-9]*\s*[0-9]*\s*\([0-9]*\)\s*[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\ssec/\1 \2/p' $1 > $2

If further information is needed on the data output from the Tessent tools, I encourage you to open a Service Request to be connected with a local Tessent expert.

Regards,

Troy Cox

Tessent Support Manager

• 2. Re: TestKompress coverage histogram
            graeme.francis@cirrus.com

Thanks Troy,

basically that extracts the ATPG reporting which comes every 64 patterns, which is fair enough, but ideally it was per-pattern I was after.

The background is that the test engineers will run a certain number of patterns on the tester (for IDDQ) and will limit it by test time and will then ask how much coverage eg 15 patterns give. Perhaps I'll enter an enhancement request.

Cheers,

Graeme