2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 2:28 PM by dan_liddell

SN resistor in LVS deck

ronaldompotne

Dear members,

I need to define an SN resistor (no, it is not poly) in my LVS deck.

The question is: How can I provide device connectivity without shorting the pins (POS and NEG) since both terminals are metal1?

If I define the device like this, the terminals will be shorted.

res = SN AND L1 // L1 is just a dummy layer to provide seed recognition

DEVICE R res M1(POS) M1(NEG) (POS NEG) [37]

I also tried to create another dummy layer to make boolean operations on the terminals but the short still remains.

pos_pin = (M1 AND L1) AND L3 // L1 and L3 are dummy layers

CONNECT M1 pos_pin by CT

neg_pin = (M1 AND L1) NOT L3

CONNECT M1 neg_pin by CT

res = SN AND L1

DEVICE R res M1(POS) M1(NEG) (POS NEG) [37]

Below, a screenshot of the device.

Screenshot from 2017-08-01 16-52-35.png

Yellow part is the SN layer, blue is M1 and white inside the blue is CT (contact opening).

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 1. Re: SN resistor in LVS deck
          ronaldompotne

Anyone that could help me with that?

• 2. Re: SN resistor in LVS deck
            dan_liddell

Hi Ronaldo,

If there is no connectivity on the device seed layer, it is not possible the pins of the device are shorted through the device body. The short must be occurring through some other layer. From what you show above, there is no connectivity on SN, hence, any pin shorts are not due to the device body itself.

I suggest looking for the "Short Isolation" section of the Calibre Verification User's Manual. Follow the links to the Calibre Interactive manual as needed if you need instructions on how to use short debugging in RVE.

I also suggest running circuit extraction with your Layout Primary set to a cell that contains just enough hierarchy to reproduce the short. Then there's less data to sort through.

From the short isolation output, you should be able to determine which layers are involved, which should give a hint as to how to proceed.

dan