1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 1:38 PM by simon_favre

DFM CAA

pons

Hello,

I am trying to use Calibre DFM commands to evaluate the amount of critical area in my layout designs for instance for shorts.

I have created a new layout rule for shorts and tried to see the results of the check.

However, I am only obtaining a single error result, that is the whole layout polygon. What I mean is that the error does not point the location of the critical areas, but the whole layout.

When I define a small radius for the defects, no result is shown, and when I reach a given threshold radius from which a critical area is detected, then the whole layout is highlighted.

And the whole layout area is not critical... I promess! XD

My objective is to calculate the amount of critical area in my layout, for instance 1 square um, and if possible to highliht it in the layout.

Is this possible? Can someone give me some advice?

Thank you,

Marc

• 1. Re: DFM CAA
          simon_favre

Marc,

I am the TME for Calibre CAA. In order to answer your question, I will need to know a lot more about what you are trying to do and how you are doing it. Please email me directly at <deleted>. I need to know things like, how are you generating your rule deck? Are you creating one by hand? Are you using the rule deck creator GUI? Which CAA flow are you using, rdb or dfm? Do you have a Calibre YieldAnalyzer license? Let me know. In the case of the DFM tools, you might be better off going to Customer Support, rather than this forum, as there aren't that many users. It might end up in my inbox anyway, but they should be your first line of support.

Simon Favre

pons wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to use Calibre DFM commands to evaluate the amount of critical area in my layout designs for instance for shorts.

I have created a new layout rule for shorts and tried to see the results of the check.

However, I am only obtaining a single error result, that is the whole layout polygon. What I mean is that the error does not point the location of the critical areas, but the whole layout.

When I define a small radius for the defects, no result is shown, and when I reach a given threshold radius from which a critical area is detected, then the whole layout is highlighted.

And the whole layout area is not critical... I promess! XD

My objective is to calculate the amount of critical area in my layout, for instance 1 square um, and if possible to highliht it in the layout.

Is this possible? Can someone give me some advice?

Thank you,

Marc