4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 7:20 AM by wolferm

Mechanical part for parts list but no decal defined

wolferm

Made a part with no decal defined. It is an LED holder. I want it to output to a BOM which it does no problem.

Symbol is defined with no pins.

However package or forward annotate will not run do to this error.

Using Integrated Flow VX.2.2

Can this be done? What needs to change to make a part like this.

There are many in delivered libraries set up exactly this way.

INTERNAL S/W ERROR: There is no gate pin data on gate gate00
      on part number H-180C-LP.

If a Parts DataBase other than the local one is corrected,
      please be sure to run Packager in the overwrite mode or

Forward Annotation in the 'Replace Local Parts' mode. Otherwise, be
      sure not to use these modes or the corrections will be lost.

ERROR: Bad data for Part Number: H-180C-LP in the

Parts DataBase for symbols with Part Name: H-180C-LP and Part Label: H-180C-LP.
      The relevant symbols are:

Visit message location Block Network_Controller, Page 2, Symbol $2I4173

Visit message location Block Network_Controller, Page 2, Symbol $2I4153

• 1. Re: Mechanical part for parts list but no decal defined
          robert_davies

Set the Forward to PCB flag to False - select the symbol and on the context menu select Layout - Exclude from layout.

See also the posts listed here Setting a component a "non-assembled"/unpopulated

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mechanical part for parts list but no decal defined
            wolferm

Thanks Robert worked like a charm in the schematic.

I tried to set the forward to PCB to false on the symbol in the library as this symbol would only ever be used for an LED holder

as a part for BOM only, but it would not work every time I set it to false it reverted to true and would not save that way.

But in the schematic worked fine, however the order of things seemed to have an affect on outcome.

If I set the Forward to PCB to false on part first then set the Exclude from layout my false setting reverted back to true.

However if you do the Exclude first then set to false it worked and sa

saved both settings correctly.

So the Forward to PCB cannot be done at the library level then?

On another note too I did quite a bit of searching for this in docs & help, I found nothing.

I still gotta say the way Mentor has search set up all the words I use never seem to render much help.

So thanks very much for the help here.

• 3. Re: Mechanical part for parts list but no decal defined
              robert_davies

Either set forward to pcb as false via the properties dialog or the context menu, not both. If using the properties dialog also set Exclude from Partlist = False, it isn't implied.

Do a search using this string in the PADS Designer users guide 'exclude parts from layout' it provides a table of the options two variables, but you are correct that our serach could be better.

• 4. Re: Mechanical part for parts list but no decal defined
                wolferm

OK great thanks well it worked setting both, but I will go back and fix. Will also check out user guide again with that terminology.

I knew how to set an Exclude from parts list adding it as a property on other parts, in this case I do want it on the BOM

just don't want a decal.

Again thanks.