2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 5:07 AM by cgoldenbus

How to prevent Databook from populating blank numeric fields with 0

cgoldenbus

Maybe it's me but I seem to remember that if I left a field blank in databook It did not populate 0 or null data into the parts

Right now I have a library called "Diodes"  inside of my library and tables are Zener diodes as well as schottky, bridges etc.

Each one of these parts has a different requirement for properties (well at least zener does) Zener diode has table properties of  V_ZENER, Zener_imp,  and I_ZENER

The table of course is set to annotate V_Zener so it's shown on the schematic.

Now I enter into the table a signal diode.. table data for V_Zener is set to (null), Databook interprets this as "0" and populates a filed V_Zener =0V into my signal diode.

My question is  "How do I exclude this based on the symbol or ignore null characters as blank so not populated?"

This only happens for numeric fields.

The whole plan is that databook populates all of the required data and not assigning it at the part level

Thanks

C.G.

• 1. Re: How to prevent Databook from populating blank numeric fields with 0
          cgoldenbus

It appears I've stumped the masses.
          That's okay because the problem mysteriously disappeared.
          Even in working with Mentor we never identified the issue.

What I believe is related is that the update libraries function when updating against our Oracle database adds duplicate properties into tables.

For example I have a field Case_Code, update -properties added 3 duplicate case code fields to one table, doesn't happen in MS Access.

Curious...

• 2. Re: How to prevent Databook from populating blank numeric fields with 0
            cgoldenbus

For those of you who may have read this and are curious, it appears it's a timing issue with the ODBC driver and the SQL query.

We had issues where tables wouldn't appear, "0" was populated in empty numeric fields,  and then the issue with duplicate line entries in the database configuration.

We use Oracle for our database which has thousands of tables and releationships, we wouldn't use MS Access for a globally served database.

What we found was this:

Disabling the timeout setting in the ODBC driver fixed the missing tables.

Creating a longer query timeout in the databook seems t have fixed the duplicate line items in databook.

The "0" populated in undefined numeric fields went away on it's own. .again possibly still a timing issue.