3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 3:42 AM by robert_davies

Cannot find tutorial

powersupplyguy

I have just purchased Pads.  In the package is a pads designer preview file.  Is this linked to a tutorial?  I have finished the PCB tutorial, but I am lost as far as the schematic capture end of this goes.  I am looking for a good tutorial to pull me up the learning curve.

Thank you

Bob

• 1. Re: Cannot find tutorial
          Community_Admin

Thanks for your post. A few thoughts:

1. I am going to move this to the PADS Schematic community - more product focused to your question and greater visibility among other users. This spot is for general community questions and suggestions.

2. Have you gone to the Getting Started area of Support Center for PADS? You can filter on those resources to Schematic Capture. Not sure if you are using PADS Pro or Standard. Here is the link to the GS resources for Pro

3. While in the GS section, also select the Resources link in the ribbon across the top of the page. This will take you to more resources that may be of value.

4. Try a 2 week free trial to our On-demand Training (link is for PADS Pro).

Hope these help. Please let me know if you have more questions.

• 2. Re: Cannot find tutorial
            Community_Admin

Also, here are a couple of other things youu might find helpful:

1. As a new PADS customer, you should be receiving our weekly onboarding emails. They contain a series of helpful resources to get up and running quickly with PADS. All the resources can be found on Support Center in this one convenient KB article.

2. Not sure if you have seen it yet, but in the PADS software there is a tutorial included at:

$SDD_HOME\Documentation\PADS_Stnd_Eval\Document\PADS Standard Evaluation Guide.pdf

• 3. Re: Cannot find tutorial
              robert_davies

In addition to the Community Admin's post above, the link on the Start Page - Evaluation Guide should take you to the installed Guide, but for me it is going to the web page.

As mentioned above the Tutorial is located with the software from the installation path (default is C:\MentorGraphics\PADSVX.2.x then the SDD_HOME path specified above).