3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 11:09 AM by Patrick.Cashman

User defined settings in the project file

navita@rafael.co.il

Hi,

Is it possible to save user defined property under the project settings in the xdx using automation?

Thanks,

Navit

• 1. Re: User defined settings in the project file
          Patrick.Cashman

Help for the ProjectData object shows nothing about user properties in the project file. 

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?  Perhaps knowing what you want to do will generate ideas on how to accomplish it another way.

• 2. Re: User defined settings in the project file
            navita@rafael.co.il

Thank you patrick,

We have a management system that manage all development process in the company, we will like to save some information that will let us "link" the design to the record on the management system, more exactly a key that represent that design in the system database.

Do you think I can accomplish this by any kind of automation?

• 3. Re: User defined settings in the project file
              Patrick.Cashman

Yes you can.

I use a text file stored in the design database which contains all design metadata. I made a graphical interface available to anyone in the company, so that our engineering coordinators can create/edit the data and hand it off to designers when the job is started. Other scripts and applications use this data for file naming, drawing creation, fab and assembly data export, and so on.

design_prep_design_info_form.jpg

We use SAP for our ERP system, so this data is oriented around the SAP data model.

The big question is how you want to use the data, how you will extract it.  In other words, if there was a user property available in the project file, then what would you do with it?