2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 12:03 PM by MENTOR_Shannonk

DXDatabook ODBC error

arena225

HI, I am new and I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. I have a user who has an ODBC connection that he uses in DxDesigner. He gets a message from DxDatabook that an ODBC error occurred--invalid ODBC alias: Omnify (1400). I checked with the person who supports Omnify here and the user's ODBC settings are correct for Omnify. Thank you.

• 1. Re: DXDatabook ODBC error
          Community_Admin

Thanks for your question. Your hunch was correct -- this forum is for general community questions and suggestions. I will move your question to the appropriate product-specific forum where it will receive greater visibility. Also, our product-specific communities are flow specific, so will move this to the appropriate area in the Xpedition community. If you are using PADS, pls let me know.

• 2. Re: DXDatabook ODBC error
            MENTOR_Shannonk

That error usually means the DSN name doesn't match what was defined originally -- if you search the dbc file for "DSN" you should see the name (and casing) that needs to be used when you define the DSN on the "new" machine. Or see how the DSN is defined on a working system...

If you don't figure it out easily I would suggest a call to Customer Support.