1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2018 4:35 AM by .-.--.--

How to move Sheets with Automation in DrawingEditor in the Drawing-Workspace Tab?

juergen.hinterleitner

As the title says...

How to move Sheets with Automationscripting in the DrawingEditor? I'm looking for an equivalent to the funtionality from the Buttons: move-up/down.

Because the "SheetNumber" has no effect to the order at the left side, where the Sheets are listed...

sheetmove.png

• 1. Re: How to move Sheets with Automation in DrawingEditor in the Drawing-Workspace Tab?
          .-.--.--

Interesting that we just had the same basic question applied to DxDesigner (VX Navigator ), for which there was a partial answer.  Unfortunately, there is no automation support in Drawing Editor to 'SetSheetOrder'.  If the Document.Sheets property/collection was not read-only, that would enable an easy solution.  You would still need to develop a sort routine for the Sheet.SheetNumber properties (which, are string values, not numbers, and which are allowed to have duplicates, JSYK).

For now, your best method for reordering the sheets is the manual up and down arrows in the Drawing Sheets dialog.  (In testing automation, I was able to use Document.CopySheet and Sheet.Delete to actually reorder the sheets, but CopySheet does not produce exact copies if you have any cells that have been modified using the Editor Control switches to Allow Cell Text/Graphics Edits.  Also, the results were automatically saved to the design, so undo was not possible.  User beware!)

I wish I had better news.  This looks like a candidate for Mentor Ideas.

1 of 1 people found this helpful