1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 8:02 AM by jr3robin

Opening Decal Editor bug

jr3robin

Hi all,

I have a problem sometimes in opening the Decal Editor. When I want to edit a decal while in PADS Library Tools where I right click and select edit, then I will see a blue box saying "Opening Decal Editor". After some time then normally PADS Layout opens and it then opens the decal directly in the decal editor. Sometimes though it just opens PADS layout and then stops (I can then manually open the Decal editor and then manually try to find the decal for editing, but this is time consuming and it should just open directly). Once it starts doing this then nothing I do seems to fix it other than shutting down all PADS programs and reopening them again.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

• 1. Re: Opening Decal Editor bug
          jr3robin

I just discovered another unusual thing about this. If I try to edit a component decal and it opens only PADS Layout (and doesn't then open the decal editor), I need to go an open the decal editor manually. If I just close Layout then it seems to think I still have the decal editor open and then doesn't let me modify any other decals (by opening from PADS Library Tools).