I have just started to assess Hyperlynx DRC and I keep suffering from the tool crashing when I run Execute Rules. I have attached the crash dump if anybody can make use of it.
Hope someone can help.
The crash happens if I import the exported stackup from Constraints Manager. If I use the stackup assumed during import of the CCE file the Execute Rules command runs OK.
Obviously this sound like defect since the tool crashes.
Do you feel comfortable with sharing the stackup (snapshots would be ok) before and after import. So I can see what changed
Also can you tell what rule(s) causes the crash because this might be an issue with the rule and not HLDRC.
Please find attached screen shots as requested.
Imported CES Stackup
As you can see they do differ.
I am running SI rules against a number of diff pairs. The rule runs OK with the original imported stack but not the imported CES stack.
there is a known defect like this in DRC Free edition. Are you using the Free edition? The defect is being investigated, but I don't have information about when a fix will be available.
Yes I am using the free version. This makes it virtually useless then.
The stackup might be an inconvenience, but I don't think it makes the tool useless. You can still manually edit the stackup layer properties.
In the Project Explorer, click on Layers.
Then select the Spreadsheet tab in the lower frame.
You can edit the layer properties here. Just make this have the same properties (primarily thickness) as the stackup in CES. Or maybe better, check the real stackup data since most PCB designers don't bother to put the correct data in the layout database.
I have had a try at editing the spreadsheet of the layer stack from the
original cce file import. There are a number of features which cannot be
edited and spurious layers which cannot be deleted. Metal Number column
cannot be edited so I have metal number 2 on DIELECTRIC_3 and PLANE_2.
Dielectric Constants column cannot be edited. It does not seem that the
stack up will be set properly for true results to be given.
I understand your situation now. Please continue to work with Jim outside the communities to resolve the issue with your design.
I sent you a private message via email. Please take a look
I assume this issue with the crash was resolved when you redid your project creation.
It appears that the hldproj file got corrupted
Yes it does now seem to be reading as I would expect and no longer crashes.
Not sure how the original hldproj got corrupted though.
Retrieving data ...