5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:29 AM by shashidhar_lakshman

Integration of CATIA V5

karthik.k

How do we bridge out the wiring data to MCAD tools like CATIA V5, Pro-E, UGS NX from the VeSys 2.0 2009 (the new vesys series)?

• 1. Re: Integration of CATIA V5
          Nuri

Hi,

From VeSys 2.0 Design you can "Export to" and "Import from" selected MCAD tools for wire data exchange, in the same way that you could with original VeSys Design.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Integration of CATIA V5
            karthik.k

Hi Nuri

Thanks for your comments. But it has the option only for DSI export and XML export. How about .NWF file export for Pro-E and .HRN export for Unigraphics NX tools. Does .XML file format is compatible for Pro-E and Unigrahics tools also? Please clarify.

With Regards

Karthik

• 3. Re: Integration of CATIA V5
              Nuri

MCAD integration exists with VeSys 2.0 Design as a wire exchange only (including NWF, HRN, CATIA etc), this matches VeSys Design (the Classic tool).  From VeSys 2.0 Harness the interface is DSI or XML, however you can buy a HarnessBridge that would enable you to flatten a 3D MCAD assembly into a flat harness, ready for import into VeSys 2.0 Harness.  For more information on the HarnessBrdige I suggest you ask your sales contact,

Kind Regards,

Nuri

• 4. Re: Integration of CATIA V5
                naveenkumarm

Hi,

I have got the harness bridge and  if I try to import the 3D harness into VeSys 2.0 harness it won't respond,Is there any configuration needed.

• 5. Re: Integration of CATIA V5
                  shashidhar_lakshman

Hello Naveen,

We would probably need to take a look at the design data  .

Please can you let us know with which Company you work with . We could probabably take this up as part of the normal support process.

Please share your contact number so that we can speak on the issue .

Rgds

Shashi