5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 2:07 PM by jleine

Schematic Verification

radiorun

When I run a verification on my schematic, I get multiple errors like this one:

However, I have one pin on this net with property PINTYPE=OUT.  What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Schematic Verification
          jleine

Was the pin type property edited in the schematic?

The DRC only uses the library symbol pin type. I raised this issue with support since one can edit the pin type in designer, but it has no effect on DRCs or anything else.

• 2. Re: Schematic Verification
            radiorun

Yes, it was. 

Sounds like DRC is broken. 

• 3. Re: Schematic Verification
              jleine

I have been conversing with an FAE and it seems that the DRC currently uses the original symbol pin type and not the edited version. He was going to submit it as a bug. I am going to send him a link to this. Maybe it will help get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Jeff

• 4. Re: Schematic Verification
                jleine

I just finished with the FAE on this. He agreed it seems to be the same issue I had.

He recommended you submit an SR and request it be linked to DR 1005216

"I would encourage your fellow User on the Communities site to submit a Service Request themselves as well, requesting to be linked to DR 1005216; the more Customers / SRs we can get linked to this, the more visibility / priority it will get with Factory."

It would be really nice if they would fix this. It would make schematic DRC far more effective.

• 5. Re: Schematic Verification
                  jleine

I just finished with the FAE on this. He agreed it seems to be the same issue I had.

He recommended you submit an SR and request it be linked to DR 1005216.

"I would encourage your fellow User on the Communities site to submit a Service Request themselves as well, requesting to be linked to DR 1005216; the more Customers / SRs we can get linked to this, the more visibility / priority it will get with Factory."

It would be really nice if they would fix this. It would make schematic DRC far more effective.