1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 5:14 PM by kim_godshalk

Calibre menu configuration in Cadence

horror-vacui

Hi everyone,

Could you help me out by pointing to the appropriate documentation or by hints how could I configure the Calibre menu in Cadence?

I was consulting with Calibre ® Interactive TM and Calibre ® RVE TM User's Manual and Calibre ® Solutions for Physical Verification.

I set the environment variable MGC_CALIBRE_VIEWER_MENU_CMDS to the absolute path of my tcl file, into which I copied contents from a documentation:

mgc_calibre_add_menu_item -type command -label "pex_run" \

-command_type PEX \

-command "calibre -gui -pex -runset pex.runset -batch"

I checked in Cadence Command Interpreter Window, that the variable is set to the intended value.

The menu item does not appear. In the CDS.log there is no mention about "pex" or the menu_command, but there is another mgc command - I guess as part of the PDK -   'mgc_custom_menus_run_menu_cmd("BI" "mgcViewCalibreReadMe" 'nil ?code "")'. Where should I look further to figure out what is missing?

Shouldn't I use another function to load the customization file? Isn't there a way to manually invoke it?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Calibre menu configuration in Cadence
          kim_godshalk

Hi - it looks like it should work. Yes, the environment variable is the correct way to specify the custom menu command file, there is not another invocation method. I would make sure that there are no spaces after the "\" line continuation characters in your Tcl file - that messes up the Tcl parsing.

Are you looking at the very end of the Calibre menu?

I see this message in the CIW, shortly after messages for loading the Calibre Skill Interface:

//  Calibre Skill Interface * ...

Successfully read menu customization file: ...

You can also set the environment variable MGC_CALIBRE_ECHO_VIEWER_MENU_CMDS to get the commands echoed, but I don't think that will help if the menu is not loaded.

Hope this helps,

Kim