1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 5:32 AM by johnduquette

PADS Logic - Selection jumps upon mouse move

rjw

When I select a group of gates and nets and then attempt to move them, I find the selection always jumps in a nonsensical way. I have struggled endlessly to work around this vexing productivity killer. I make frequent edits that require similar circuit groups to be well aligned across the schematic page, I require a basic level of control that PADS seems to refuse to provide. I am aware that using the arrow keys is a good way to nudge the selection on the grid. But the seemingly needless initial position jump upon mouse movement utterly destroys the advantages of the nudge control/benefits.

I would certainly appreciate any work-arounds or suggestions anyone might have to avoid this issue.

I am not very hopeful, however, as I haven't seen any comments or questions in this regard.

Please, Mentor, is there any hope that this can or will be changed in the future?

• 1. Re: PADS Logic - Selection jumps upon mouse move
          johnduquette

When you select a group it does get a weird origin, usually near the origin of the lower left most part.  While this origin placement seems to vary from group to group, when you select A group it does have A consistent origin.  The trick is to identify that origin and then have your cursor in that location when you select the group.  Then you can place the group to the accuracy of your grid. 

That's the best solution I've come up with.