3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 5:26 AM by johnduquette

PADS logic links to PADS layout

snowball

Hello,

I'm trying to link the schematic in pads logic to pads layout.  First, I import the OrCad Capture schematic (.DSN) design into PADS logic.  I have no problem at this step then I click on pads layout icon from the tools.  It took me to the pads out link windows and I click "Send the netlist" where I got a file with a lot of errors relate to the part type not assign decals.  After do some comparisons between pads layout library and pads logic library, I noticed that the part types in my pads layout doesn't match with part types in pads logic library.  Here is an example of one part.

pads layout      PCB Decals                     Part Types

610-0020                        610-0020-001

pads logic         PCB Decals                    Part Types                                                    CAE Decals

U3                                   610-0020-001-74LS244_SSOP_ALT           610-0020-001-74LS244_SSOP_ALT      

Error message in .err file:

Library Part Type 610-0020-001__74LS244__SSOP_ALT has no decal assigned - not able to check following parts:

U3.

So, I think I need to make the part types in pads logic to match with pads layout.  Could you please tell me how to do it? or how to fix the issue?

Thank you so much,

Thao

• 1. Re: PADS logic links to PADS layout
          Community_Admin

snowball - thanks for your question. I am going to move it to the PADS specific community so it will increase visibility among subject matter experts. The Member Resources area is primarily for general community questions and suggestions.

• 3. Re: PADS logic links to PADS layout
            johnduquette

This may be a bit late but I'll answer this question so when people search it in the future they'll see the answer. 

PADS Logic/Layout is based around the PartType defined in the library.  Currently, you have two part types, 610-0020-001 and 610-0020-001-74LS244_SSOP_ALT and that is why the error pops up.  They both have incomplete definitions so you'll get to that error next. 

The simplest way to verify a parttype is usable is to use the 'check part' button in the part editor (Part Information dialog) that you can pull up from Logic or Layout (File -> Library (select a part and press <Edit>).  That will tell you if the parttype is adequate (decal and logic gate with the corresponding pinout defined are the minimum).

Then you either need to replace the part(s) in Logic or/and Layout to use the complete part.  In Logic select a component and then <right-click><Update>.  In Layout you need to use the ECO process to replace a part.