3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 7:08 AM by matthewd49

Adding Parasitic Resistances

matthewd49

Hi,

I have been using the PI tool for a little while, and it would be very helpful if there were an easy way to assign parasitic resistances to the inductors on my board.  Is there anyway to do this in HyperLynx?

• 1. Re: Adding Parasitic Resistances
          cathy_terwedow

HI Matthew. I've moved your question to the HyperLynx SI/PI community where it should get a quicker response.

• 2. Re: Adding Parasitic Resistances
            weston_beal

Matthew,

We can help you more if you can be more specific about what task you are trying to run. The PI side of HyperLynx has a few different types of analysis, and the model details can be different for the different analyses. I will assume that you are doing DC drop or Decoupling analysis and that you are referring to series inductors connected between power supply nets.

In my example, I have L9 that connects different power nets of the same voltage (1.35V). Select the menu Models > Assign Power Integrity Models... and the PI model dialog opens. Select the tab, Supply-Net Inductors and then select the reference designator of the inductor that you want to edit.

Here, you can edit both the inductance and resistance values of the chosen inductor.

Also, there is some useful information in this knowledge base article about setting up the Advanced Decoupling Wizard.

https://support.mentor.com/knowledge-base/MG595587

Let us know if you are working on a different task that needs a different modeling method.

Regards,

Weston

• 3. Re: Adding Parasitic Resistances
              matthewd49

Hi Weston,

Thank you very much! That is exactly the feature I was looking for.

Best,

Matt