6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 1:03 PM by joniengr081

TO-204 AA Package

joniengr081

Hello,

I am wondering how to find TO-204 AA package in mentor format which can be imported to the central library of xDX Designer VX 2.1. Is there any database on the mentor website where one can find different packages ? The other option which is always there is to make own symbol, cell,and package the part in the xDM Library Tool which is time consuming process.

• 1. Re: TO-204 AA Package
          milostnik

Hi joniengr081

Welcome to the sad state of the library creation in Expedition and Mentorland.

There are some option for you.

• You download the example library from Optimum, and try to find the geometry there.
          • You go to DigiKey or SamacSys and try to find there and import it into the tool.
          • You try to find some Cadence or Altium electronic models and try to import them into Expedition
          • You design it yourself as you have noted

Rarely the first three work out without problems.

Hope this helps

Matija

• 2. Re: TO-204 AA Package
            joniengr081

Hello,

I have downloaded the package TO-3055 from DigiKey. I have imported the downloaded files in the following order in xDM Library Tool (Tools => Library Service)

1- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Pads.hkp

2- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Cells.hkp

3- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Parts.hkp

I can find these items in xDM Library Tool under Padstack, Cell and Part but Symbol is missing in the Part because I have not imported. The problem is that it is not possible to import the Symbol (XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Symbols.hkp) because there is no option of Importing Symbol from File. It ask for library database. How to import Symbol ?

Untitled33.png 

Untitled32.png

• 3. Re: TO-204 AA Package
              milostnik

For the encription  you will have to turn to Mentor.

• 4. Re: TO-204 AA Package
                joniengr081

No. I think I should describe the problem. There is no problem in importing the following encrypted files

1- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Pads.hkp

2- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Cells.hkp

3- XpeditionDesigner_Encrypted_Parts.hkp

The problem is importing Symbol. There is no option of importing Symbol from File, see last attachment. This is the problem that it only accept importing symbol from library and not from a hkp file. 

• 5. Re: TO-204 AA Package
                  jeff@viavi

What is in the folder called SymNewDxDesigner?  Are there any files with the .1 extension?  If so, you might want to try File->Import Symbols from inside of Library Manager.   

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: TO-204 AA Package
                    joniengr081

Yes this way it works. I imported Symbol File => Import Symbol

There is a file "2N3055G.1" inside the folder SymNewDxDesigner which represents Symbol.