Hi Michelle. I've moved your question to the PADS Layout community where it should get a quicker response.
Please try the following:
- Go to Setup > Layer Definition.
- Click the Reassign button.
- Select your top layer and enter the layer number for your bottom layer.
- Select your bottom layer and enter the layer number for your top layer.
- Click OK
- Modify the layer names so that your top layer reflects the correct name and the same for your bottom layer.
- You may need to go to Setup > Display Colors afterwards and re-assign colors to the bottom layer.
Hello, I did this and it worked somewhat, but now all of my component labels have disappeared. Any ideas?
What kind of labels are these and what layer do they exist on? You might recheck the Display Colors to see if a color got set to the background color making them invisible.
By labels I meant the RefDes on Caps, Res #. I did check the colors and they do not match the background yet still not showing on the bottom layer where they components now reside.
Try selecting one of the components, right mouse click, choose Properties > Labels, select Ref Des and click on the label button just below it to see what layer it indicates the ref des exists on.
The Ref Des are still on the top layer
You can try using the attached script. It will help you to select all of the top mounted components and bottom mounted components separately from each other, then you can open the Properties dialog, select Labels and edit the RefDes to modify its layer setting.
- To use the attached file extract the .bas file from the zip and place it on your computer.
- In PADS Layout, go to Tools > Basic Scripts > Basic Scripts.
- Select the Load File button, select the .bas file, click Open and then click Run.