Thanks for posting your question, Karthikeyan. I've moved it to the PADS layout community where it should get a faster response.
Thanks for your support cathy terwedow, Looking forward for answers...
In newer versions there is a 'PADS Settings Migration' icon.
I don't know if this exist in VX.1.1, but you can take a look. Maybe this is what you are looking for?
In the help you can search for 'User Settings Migration".
Thank you Klaus.
I have created a customized menubar (for Eg: "New Menu" as highlighted) Now i would like to do the same to another PC, So how can i export only those customized "New menu" bar to another PC.
If it can done through User setting migration, Please advice me on the procedure to export & import only those customized New menu bar to another PC.
Please Note: I would like to export only the "New Menu" menubar setting not all the user settings.
I don't know if this is possible when using the User Migration. I don't think so.
However - we are doing something similar at Grundfos.
If you export the below settings from your registry and import them on another computer, the 'New Menu' should appear there as well.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Logic\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGPBaseControlBar-593980]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Logic\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGPControlBar-593980]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Logic\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGToolBar-593980]
But be careful when editing the registration database.
I normally export the entire [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mentor Graphics] before doing modifications.
If something goes wrong I can import these settings again.
Our custom menu looks like this:
I have just tried.
It seems that User menu settings are not a part of the User Migration functionality.
So you need to do it by export/import the registry setting.
Thank you Klaus.
Please let me know does I need to copy paste any files from the above mentioned path or either what else to do...?
Maybe contact a colleague who is experienced in the registration database?
Otherwise you can do this:
- Run: regedit
This will open the Registry Editor.
Be careful when using this editor. You can accidently modify some settings that can make your computer unusable.
- First - backup your current setting by browse to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ RMB and select 'Export'. Save it to a Backup.reg file.
If something goes wrong you can import this file in order to restore your current GUI settings for PADS Layout.
- Export your Customized setting by browse to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGPBaseControlBar-593980'. RMB and select 'Export'. Save to a .reg file.
- Browse to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGPControlBar-593980'. Save to a .reg file.
- Browse to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mentor Graphics\PADSVX_2_2\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGToolBar-593980'. . Save to a .reg file.
- On the other computer you just need to double-click on the .reg files in order to import them.
Hope this helps.
- Run: regedit
Thank you so much.
Its working...once again thanks for your great support.