2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2018 7:17 AM by chuckt

Script to automate the creation of design rules?

marioirachetaosram86

I'm working in a mixed circuit, which consist in a Inpur power section (EMI Filter, PFC, DC-DC Converter), and a SELV Section. each part has their own control circuits (Analog/Discrete).

Usually to set up the DRC, its needed create a Class for each section, and then, create conditionals (twice, for some reason PADS Router needs redundant classes. i.e. Class A against Class B & Class B against CLass A).

So, i need to find the way to create a script that pull the Class parameters (Name, Object to object Values) and create all conditionals according a isolation table that i already prepared in Excel. where i defined the minimum space between the same class, and the clearance against other classes.

make this process trough dialog box, takes a lot of time and is susceptible to errors.

anybody knows the commands on script editor to pull this information from a spreadsheet, and automatically create the class name, their values, and the conditional relations?

at this moment, i only figured out how to get the report of existing classes, but not the creation.

Regards