1 of 1 people found this helpful
Pads Pro, depending on your licensing, can do just about everything that Xpedition can.
But, it is not an Enterprise toolset.
1. It is a single user Suite Based tool
2. It does not allow collaboration or concurrency (Multi User functionality)
This is the most simple explanation of the tools.
As it turns out, the "Single user Single Suite" toolset can be used in a much user friendly configuration. A Pseudo concurrency has been added that allows separate user to do layout and schematic.
- Design concurrency allows 2 people to work 1 schematic and 1 layout at the same time. No special license.
- Design Concurrency still does not allow more schematic people at one time.
This is great news, and makes PADS even more valuable, beating Altium. So the question is still open:
- What is the difference between PADS and EE in layman terms.