5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 12:40 PM by advntr_inxs

Can PADS layout files be imported to PADS PRO? If yes, how?

advntr_inxs

Our company just bought PADS Professional. Going through the tutorial is not fun, or intuitive, or thoroughly explained. I keep getting hung up on small things like "once I place a mounting hole, it's impossible to move". I have all layers turned on. The item is not locked, yet it is invisible to the mouse and I have spent hours trying to figure out small nuances which should be evident or easy to figure out. How do I get the grids to remain visible? They appear and disappear as I perform small functions.

I can't even get my L) mouse button to select an item (only the R mouse is selecting). The tutorial is clear and it clearly doesn't work?

So frustrating! It seems to be a very non-intuitive program. It looks to have some great functions and I'm sure I'll like it once learned, but I hate it as of this moment.

Or at least, I hate the documentation. It's haphazard and missing context that I would like to have.

So now that I've unloaded a little steam, I'm a  bit concerned that perhaps PADS Layout files are incompatible with PADSPro.

Is this true?

If not, how do I import or start with an PADS Layout design?

Thanks,

~Randi