2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 4:18 AM by sajivnglnice

Copper balancing

sajivnglnice

Hello All,

While pouring copper balancing i got  the following error message.

*** ERROR - Copper Balancing data for this Layer cannot be created.

Check Copper Balancing Shapes for proper placement and

Clearance and Width for proper value. (The masking operation

operation to create the Copper Balancing Shapes boundaries

resulted in a null mask.)

I did'nt have any copper balancing shapes. I would like to run the copper balancing on external layers. One of the(bottom) layer it's runs successfully and the other(top) layer it fails.

I'm using EE7.9.5.

Please help me to resolve this error.

Regards,

Sajiv.

• 1. Re: Copper balancing
          Rapport

Have you changed any settings of copper balancing? Please share the snapshot for better understanding

• 2. Re: Copper balancing
            sajivnglnice

Hello Rapport,

I resolved the issue. It's not because of copper balancing settings. It's because of closed polygon around the pcb. I have conductive shape(gnd) around the pcb. That is the pcb is covered by conductive shape. Crossing over polygon is not allowed in Expedition. But i merged the conductive shapes, that creates a closed polygon. Now i splitted the conductive shapes around pcb by two segments. It's working fine for me now.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Sajiv.

2 of 2 people found this helpful