AnsweredAssumed Answered

[Questa] Migration from one PC to another -> Error:(vopt-7) -> still pointing to the "old" location -> how to fix?

Question asked by ldm.eth on May 3, 2019
Latest reply on May 5, 2019 by ldm.eth

Hi All,

I moved my Questa project from one PC to another ...

While elaboration of the design, I'm receiving the following error message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top level modules:

# ** Error: (vopt-7) Failed to open info file "C:/Projects/xgs/ex2sim/2019-04-30/questa/questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib/_info" in read mode.

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

# tb_pl

# ** Error: (vopt-7) Failed to open info file "C:/Projects/xgs/ex2sim/2019-04-30/questa/questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib/_info" in read mode.

# glbl

# Optimization failed

# ** Error: (vopt-1933) Unable to create temporary directory C:/Projects/xgs/ex2sim/2019-04-30/questa/questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib/_tempmsg

# End time: 21:36:45 on May 03,2019, Elapsed time: 0:00:00

# Errors: 3, Warnings: 0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "C:/Projects/xgs/..." is the "old" path - the path where the project was located in the "old" PC (from where it was moved).

It looks like the problem is in the xil_defaultlib, here is its mapping (the paths points to the right locations in the "new" PC):

questa_lib       D:/Projects/Dima/xgs/ex2sim/2019-04-30/questa/questa_lib

xil_defaultlib    D:/Projects/Dima/xgs/ex2sim/2019-04-30/questa/questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib

BTW, the Questa Project compilation has passed on the "new" PC without any problems (the problem is just in elaboration).

So, what should I change in the Questa Project settings in order to fix the above error?

Thank you!

Outcomes