2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 3:53 AM by kumark

Question: Calibre xRCr

kumark

Hi,

This is Kumar, new to the calibre xrc flow. I'm getting message when I run XRC.

The following command I used to generate the phdb databse.

calibre -lvs -hier -hcell ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_new/hcell -spice layout.spice ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_14May/verification/lvs.svrf > LVS.log

The LVS was clean & there was no error reported.

When I run the following command, I got into message.

calibre -xrc -pdb -rcc -xcell ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_v2/hcell -nocheck ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_15May/Extraction/xrc_pex.svrf > PEX.log

ERROR: Rulesfile layer count is different than in phdb.

ERROR: Restoration of HDB failed.  Specified rules are inconsistent with the phdb database.

I checked my rule file for the correct metal layer number.

Please help me to come out of this problem...

Rgds,

Kumar

• 1. Re: Question: Calibre xRCr
          Wahbi

Hi Kumar,

In your flow (LVS + PEX), you should use only one coherent rule file (eg. lvs_pex.svrf). If your xrc_pex.svrf contains only PEX specific commands (PEX ALIAS, PEX IGNORE CAPACITANCE ...) then you have to merge lvs.svrf + xrc_pex.svrf into an only one svrf file (eg. lvs_pex.svrf).

Then you can run:

calibre -lvs -hier -hcell ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_new/hcell -spice layout.spice ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_14May/LVS_PEX/lvs_pex.svrf > LVS.log

calibre -xrc -pdb -rcc -xcell ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_v2/hcell -nocheck ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_15May/LVS_PEX/lvs_pex.svrf > PEX.log

Hope it helps,

Regards,

W

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Question: Calibre xRCr
            kumark

Hi,

Thanks alot for your reply.. I agree with you. Actually my svrf file contains all the LVS command as well.

I got the solution for the problem I reported. That is because of spice file which kept outside the svdb directory.

calibre -lvs -hier -hcell ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_new/hcell -spice svdb/aa_kl05_hmtx_client.sp ../aa_kl05_hmtx_client_14May/LVS_PEX/lvs_pex.svrf > LVS.log

After keeping the spice file inside the svdb directory, it was working fine...

Thanks alot..

Rgds,

Kumar