AnsweredAssumed Answered

common properties within border symbols and variants

Question asked by stempialdo on Aug 20, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2019 by robert_davies

Hi there,

I am using Xpedition 2.5 (update 4).

Is there a way to have the same property to appear twice on the same sheet (i.e. to have two instances on the same border symbol).

A workaround we used is to use two different properties with the same content (drawing_no_A and drawing_no_B, both with the same drawing number). But it's clunky and it doesn't work for Parameterized Properties (i.e. @sheet, @sheettotal, etc..).

We also noticed that both in the "border properties" window (in Setup) and in the "Variant title block definition" window, you can only see the properties that are common to every border symbol used in the design (maybe it should be referenced in the Admin User guide).  In the variant you can edit every sheet at the time, but becomes a tedious task for big designs..

Being forced to have common properties in every border symbol used in the design is a bit odd as normally the first page of the design uses a very different template to the schematic sheets, so they don't necessarily have the same properties.

As a workaround we added "invisible" properties in every border symbol so that they are common, but keeping it aligned is prone to errors. 

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Cheers

Flavio

Outcomes