AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way to write regress script for UVM TB(for questasim)

Question asked by uvmsd on Aug 29, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2019 by lane_scheideman

I am new to scripting. 

I have module/top level UVM testbenches. I am using questasim for simulation. I have tcl scripts to run the simulations. I am running simulation in GUI mode. I want to come up with scripts to run regression at module level as well as top(FPGA top)  level. I have some questions:

1. I tried to run those tcl scripts(individual test) on windows and powershell command line, but couldn't. It reports error on first line saying 'invalid command'. tcl installer has already set the PATH environment variable of System or User Profile. I don't know much of these details though. I am working on the scripts for the first time.

2. What is the best way to come up with scripts to run regression at module as well as top level? Any leads would be helpful(I don't have prior experience with writing script). I have more than one test at each tb.

I know, Makefile, tcl scripts are meant to be used on unix. Do we have to write powershell script to to run it on powershell command line? Does Questasim support it? any link for the same?

Can we write perl script?

I have an idea about .do file. So, creating any script is like .do file with more control?

Outcomes