AnsweredAssumed Answered

PROBLEM - CROSS PROBING between VX.2.5 Layout Browser and VX.2.5 Designer

Question asked by saffronman on Oct 15, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2019 by pbo

Hi,

1. I'm having a problem with cross probing between Xpedition Designer (Xpedition Enterprise X-ENTP VX.2.5 - Update 1) and Layout Browser (Xpedition Enterprise X-ENTP VX.2.5 - Update 1).
  • When I select a component in the layout browser it correctly zooms into the correct component in Designer however when I select a component in the schematic the layout browser selects the correct component but the view in the Browser is always fully zoomed out, I have to zoom in everytime which is a real pain.
  • I have setup the cross probing in Designer (Setup > Settings > Cross Probing) with: for signal nets, for global nets,for components, for pins, Zoom Fit to selected object and under the section below (Highlight unplaced component) I selected 'Enable' but I don't think I need this.
  • Cross Probing Settings
  • In Layout Browser, the option to change the Cross Probe settings (Setup > Cross Probe > Setup) is greyed out and doesn't do anything when I select it.
  • NOTE, Cross probing works fine when using Xpedition Designer with Xpedition Layout. I have asked the PCB designer to setup the design with the correct settings but when I try to cross probe in the browser, the problem is still there!
  • I don't have access to Xpedtion Layout and none of my colleagues have Layout Browser installed for me to check on theirs.

2. ALSO, I cannot save Display Schemes - another real pain!

The Cross Probing is the most important feature I need right now, how do I fix this problem? Are there some admin settings in the Layout Browser installation that need to be changed to enable me to change settings in the Layout Browser?

I'm trying to review a design which needs to be released in the next few days! 

I would really appreciate a prompt reply, thanks.

Outcomes