- Open an older schematic that has multiple power and grounds (+15V, +12V, +5V, -15V, -12V, -5V, dig gnd, gnd1, agnd, agnd2 using only two symbols (+5V, -5V) with different net names for power and ground (don’t ask me I just started here).
- Opened part editor and created different new power and ground symbols for the +15V, +12V, -15V, -12V… and net names.
When I go to add the new nets to the schematic it only cycles through the old power net selection and no new ones, just to be sure Pads wasn’t getting confused I created a new power symbol of a box with a triangle inside and saved the CAE as xxpwr, added it to the other off-page type (power) and assigned a signal name of xxpwr1.
Still the same problem.
If I open a new schematic and copy the old one into a new instance the new net names are there.
- Exporting the old schematic and reimporting it, no fix.
- Edited the asci file, adding the new xxpwr1 and importing the file, no fix.
- Created a schematic with just one resistor and the power xxpwr1 and copying that to the old schematic, then adding resistor to isolate a net then adding the xxpwr1, and when I cycle through the power symbols it’s not there.
I’ve run into this problem several years ago at another company, didn’t find a solution then either.
Thanks in advance,