In my company we currently use PADS Standard+ (Logic/Layout).
However we have the last years seen a drastic decrease in attention from Mentor in this flow, and are not satisfied with this. So we have started looking at other ECAD systems - including PADS Professional.
Of course we need to take a look at the tools and their functionality, but there are also some other issues to think of when selecting a future tool.
Are there any PADS Professional/Expedition users in this forum than can comment on the following?:
- Is it worth the effort switching to PADS Professional?
- Is PADS Professional stable or does it crash a lot?
- Are there just as many bugs and performance issues in PADS Pro as in PADS Standard+ ?
- Are bugs and enhancement requests (mentor ideas) taken seriously, or are they just "postponed" as we know it from PADS Standard?
- Any other information that you think may be helpful for us in the decision on which tool to use in the future?
Thanks in advance