AnsweredAssumed Answered

MAX SLEWRATE Failure

Question asked by apomerants on Mar 23, 2020
Latest reply on May 4, 2020 by apomerants

Hi

I am running the Hyperlynx DDR4 Wizard and on WRITE_FAST cycle, many signals fails due to SLEWRATE problem.

I see values between -0.01 to -1.4 at the MAX-SLEWRATE column (see attached print-screen).

When I select the link of any SLEWRATE failure the pop up window (see attached print screen) shows me a measurement between the clock and some point at the  middle of the "0" level of this DQ signal.

I expected to see a measurement over the rise/ fall time of the DQ/ CLK signal, showing that the time between the DQ/ CLK Vil and Vih is too long (the rise/ fall time slope is too low)

I have attached a screen shoot of the pop up window, and a zoom I have made on the spot at this window pointed to by the Wizard .

Can you explain please why the Wizard points me to this spot when I open the SLEWRATE failure link?

Where and how can I see the part of the wave where the -1V/nS slope was measured?

How can I overcome this problem?

What can be the reason that DQn fails at SLEWRATE and DQm (m = n+1) which runs adjacent to DQn, exact same length and width and PCB path doesn't present any problem what so ever? or having my best MAX Slewrate at "merely" 3.5V/nS means that it is just random "luck" that the other portion of the DQ signals didn't fail as well for MAX Slewrate...?

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanks

Amnon

Outcomes